eXtension’s professional development opportunities are open to all Cooperative Extension faculty and staff.
* On Wednesday, July 26 1:30-2:00 PM Eastern Time (10:30 AM Pacific, 11:30 AM Mountain, 12:30 PM Central), we’re offering a “Thirty-Minute Session” FAQ Orientation. Give us 30 minutes and we’ll teach you something useful! This may be helpful for folks who’d like a guided tour of the FAQ System, who have taken a look, or who wonder what they might be missing. This session will be held via Breeze at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn. Plan to join the session 5 minutes before it starts.
* On August 23 at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time (9 AM Pacific, 10 AM Mountain, 11 AM Central), we’ll have a guest speaker targeted to our extension IT staff. Sam Ruby will present on Atom for Syndication.
Other sessions will be announced via the “Learn” mailing list (see below).
To participate in a session…
1. Five minutes before the start time, go to the Breeze meeting room at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn.
2. You will be presented with a login screen that has an “Enter as Guest” option. Select that option and click your mouse on the “Click to Enter” button.
3. Enter your first name, your last name, and your institution/university, then click the “Enter” button to join the conference.
4. To hear the audio of the workshop and participate in the Q&A portion of the workshop we will be using a built-in teleconferencing capability of Macromedia’s Breeze conferencing software. Once you login into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back phone number. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference.
If you or a colleague would like to get notices about upcoming professional development sessions offered by eXtension, go to https://lists.extension.org/mailman/listinfo/learn and subscribe to the “Learn” email list.
Join us on July 26!