eXtension’s professional development opportunities are open to all Cooperative Extension faculty and staff. We’ll be offering a variety of “30 Minute Sessions” of interest to any and all. Plan to attend any of the MediaWiki sessions to learn more about working in the CoP or Collaborate wikis.
“30 Minute Sessions” – Give us 30 minutes and we’ll teach you something useful! These sessions will be held via Breeze at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn. Plan to join the session 5 minutes before the starting times at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, 3:00 Central, 2:00 Mountain, 1:00 Pacific, 10:00 AM Hawai’i.
* On Wednesday, September 6th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, we’re offering a “30 Minute Session” FAQ System – Questions & Answers. Come ask us your questions about the FAQ System, and we’ll try to help!
* On Thursday, September 7th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, “30 Minute Session” Markup in MediaWiki – Describing the content not the look, including HTML, section headings, bold and italic, linking to articles and images.
* On Tuesday, September 12th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” Lists in MediaWiki – bulleted lists, numbered lists, combination lists
* On Tuesday, September 19th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” Links in MediaWiki – Linking to articles, images and external resources.
* On Wednesday, September 20th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” Feeding frenzy: an introduction to Web syndication. Feeds are everywhere today. Even eXtension is syndicating everything. So what are these things? How do they work? And most importantly, how can you use them to save yourself a ton of time. Come to the Feeding Frenzy to learn how you can start using feeds and change your life forever.
* On Thursday, September 21st at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” MediaWiki – Questions & Answers – come ask us your questions about doing anything with MediaWiki!
To participate in a session…
1. Five minutes before the start time, go to the Breeze meeting room at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn.
2. You will be presented with a login screen that has an “Enter as Guest” option. Select that option and click your mouse on the “Click to Enter” button.
3. Enter your first name, your last name, and your institution/university, then click the “Enter” button to join the conference.
4. To hear the audio of the workshop and participate in the Q&A portion of the workshop we will be using a built-in teleconferencing capability of Macromedia’s Breeze conferencing software. Once you login into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back phone number. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference.
If you or a colleague would like to get notices about upcoming professional development sessions offered by eXtension, go to https://lists.extension.org/mailman/listinfo/learn and subscribe to the “Learn” email list.
Join us on for one or more of these sessions in September!!