eXtension’s professional development opportunities are open to all Cooperative Extension faculty and staff. We’ll be offering a variety of “30 Minute Sessions” of interest to any and all. Plan to attend any of the MediaWiki sessions to learn more about working in the CoP or Collaborate wikis.“30 Minute Sessions” – Give us 30 minutes and we’ll teach you something useful! These sessions will be held via Breeze at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn. Plan to join the session 5 minutes before the starting time
* On Thursday, October 5th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, we’re offering a “30 Minute Session” Google Juice — help search engines find your information and ours!
* On Tuesday, October 17th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, “30 Minute Sessions” Images & Graphics in MediaWiki – finding appropriate graphics, intellectual property considerations, appropriate resolution and sizing, loading to the wiki, and working with images within a wiki article.
* On Wednesday, October 18th at 2:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” Why Atom? –- where is eXtension headed with syndication and why, what’s in it for you, what’s needed from you, and when.
* On Thursday, October 19th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” Using Collaborate for agents/educators to share your educational materials… photos, PowerPoints, diagrams, and other media.
* On Tuesday, October 24th at 4:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” FAQ Orientation for agents/educators to find answers to your clients’ questions, also how everyone can contribute to enhancing quality of the FAQ System to make it a more valuable resource.
* On Thursday, October 26th at 1:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” RSS to Atom for IT staff — what’s it take to convert your RSS feed to Atom, and how to get help with making the conversion.
* On Tuesday, October 31st at 2:00 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” MediaWiki Finishing Touches – using templates for final stylistic touches.
To participate in a session…
1. Five minutes before the start time, go to the Breeze meeting room at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn.
2. You will be presented with a login screen that has an “Enter as Guest” option. Select that option and click your mouse on the “Click to Enter” button.
3. Enter your first name, your last name, and your institution/university, then click the “Enter” button to join the conference.
4. To hear the audio of the workshop and participate in the Q&A portion of the workshop we will be using a built-in teleconferencing capability of Macromedia’s Breeze conferencing software. Once you log into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back phone number. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference.
If you or a colleague would like to get notices about upcoming professional development sessions offered by eXtension, go to https://lists.extension.org/mailman/listinfo/learn and subscribe to the “Learn” email list.
Join us on for one or more of these sessions in October!!