Leaders of the newly named eXtension Communities of Practice are meeting in Louisville KY October 9-12, at a workshop designed to introduce them to all of the eXtension tools, resources, services, and staff available to them as they join eXtension.
- Beef Cattle
- Corn & Soybean Production
- Diversity Across Higher Education
- Family Caregiving
- Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Centers
- Pesticide Environmental Stewardship
- Pork Information
- Urban Integrated Pest Management
- Youth Literacy in Science, Engineering, and Technology
Leaders of each of these Communities of Practice will be introduced to the eXtension staff and learn about how the eXtension initiative works. They will also receive extensive training on teamwork within a virtual environment. Members of the eXtension staff will also make presentations on content development, information technology, communications & marketing, corporate development, and overall eXtension policies and guiding principles.
Also participating in the Workshop are representatives from eXtension’s eight original Pioneer Communities of Practice:
- Building Local Economies of the Future
- Consumer Horticulture
- Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
- Financial Security for All
- Just in Time Parenting
- Wildlife Damage Management
The workshop will conclude at noon on Thursday, October 12.