eXtension’s professional development opportunities are open to all Cooperative Extension faculty, staff and employees. This month we are again offering several “30 Minute Sessions.” Give us 30 minutes and we’ll teach you something useful! These sessions will be held via Breeze at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn and your telephone. Plan to join the session 5 minutes before the starting time.
* On Thursday, December 7 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time (1p CT, 12n MT, 11a PT, 8a HT)
“30 Minute Session” Starting Feeds? Use Atom! — what’s it take to create Atom feeds for news and/or other content? (for IT Staff).
* On Thursday, December 7 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time (3p CT, 2p MT, 1p PT, 10a HT)
“30 Minute Session” Feeding Frenzy – an introduction to Web syndication. Feeds are everywhere today. Even eXtension is syndicating everything. So what are these things? How do they work? And most importantly, how can you use them to save yourself a ton of time. Come to the Feeding Frenzy session to learn how you can start using feeds and change your life forever. (for all Extension)
* On Tuesday, December 12 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time (3p CT, 2p MT, 1p PT, 10a HT)
“30 Minute Session” on Jabber — eXtension’s enterprise chat application – any of you can talk to us.
* On Thursday, December 14 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time (3p CT, 2p MT, 1p PT, 10a HT)
“30 Minute Session” Using Collaborate for agents/educators to share your educational materials… photos, PowerPoints, diagrams, and other media.
To participate in any of the 30 Minute sessions…
1. Five minutes before the start time, go to the Breeze meeting room at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn.
2. You will be presented with a login screen that has an “Enter as Guest” option. Select that option and click your mouse on the “Click to Enter” button.
3. Enter your first name, your last name, and your institution/university, then click the “Enter” button to join the conference.
4. To hear the audio of the workshop and participate in the Q&A portion of the workshop we will be using a built-in teleconferencing capability of Macromedia’s Breeze conferencing software. Once you log into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back number, your phone will automatically be called. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference on your phone.
If you or a colleague would like to get notices about upcoming professional development sessions offered by eXtension, go to https://lists.extension.org/mailman/listinfo/learn and subscribe to the “Learn” email list.
Add these to your calendar, and plan to join us on for one or more of these sessions in December!!