eXtension’s professional development opportunities are open to all Cooperative Extension faculty, staff and employees. This month we are again offering several “30 Minute Sessions.” Give us 30 minutes and we’ll teach you something useful! These sessions will be held via Breeze at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn and your telephone. Plan to join the session 5 minutes before the starting time.
* January 10 at 3:30 PM Eastern Time, a new “30 Minute Session” Social Bookmarking as a Collaborative Tool — how to keep your work team on the same page without burying them in email. Participants will be exposed to several social bookmarking tools with an emphasis on del.icio.us (for all Extension).
* January 16 at 3:30 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” MediaWiki Finishing Touches – using templates for final stylistic touches.
* January 18 at 3:30 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” Feeding Frenzy – an introduction to Web syndication. Feeds are everywhere today. Even eXtension is syndicating everything. So what are these things? How do they work? And most importantly, how can you use them to save yourself a ton of time. Come to the Feeding Frenzy session to learn how you can start using feeds and change your life forever. Participants will be introduced to Google Reader and it’s use for managing syndication feeds. (for all Extension)
* January 25 at 3:30 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” MediaWiki Finishing Touches – using templates for final stylistic touches.
* January 30 at 3:30 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” FAQ — FAQ Orientation for agents/educators to find answers to your clients’ questions, also how everyone can contribute to enhancing quality of the FAQ System to make it a more valuable resource.
* January 31 at 3:30 PM Eastern Time, a “30 Minute Session” on Jabber — eXtension’s enterprise chat application – this is a session targeted for eXtension CoP members focused on using Enterprise chat services to foster team building and collaboration.
To participate in any of the 30 Minute sessions…
1. Five minutes before the start time, go to the Breeze meeting room at http://breeze.extension.iastate.edu/learn.
2. You will be presented with a login screen that has an “Enter as Guest” option. Select that option and click your mouse on the “Click to Enter” button.
3. Enter your first name, your last name, and your institution/university, then click the “Enter” button to join the conference.
4. To hear the audio of the workshop and participate in the Q&A portion of the workshop we will be using a built-in teleconferencing capability of Macromedia’s Breeze conferencing software. Once you log into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back number, your phone will automatically be called. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference on your phone.
If you or a colleague would like to get notices about upcoming professional development sessions offered by eXtension, go to https://lists.extension.org/mailman/listinfo/learn and subscribe to the “Learn” email list.
Add these to your calendar, and plan to join us on for one or more of these sessions in January!!