Community Nutrition Education is eXtension’s newest Community of Practice. The goals of this Community of Practice are to provide feedback to specific questions and insights on state/regional concerns and opportunities; to share information with colleagues in each region; and to help improve regional/multi-state communication and capacity.
The community will specifically:
• Serve as a communication conduit for professionals administering and conducting SNAP-Ed through the Land-grant University/Cooperative Extension System.
• Provide a repository of key documents pertaining to the history and legislation of SNAP-Ed essential to its implementation.
• Contribute to the development and sharing of curricula, evaluation, and other resources and tools.
• Conduct trainings and webinars to strengthen the consistency and quality of programming across the Land-grant University/Cooperative Extension System and address broad scale concerns.
• Facilitate sharing opportunities and the completion of projects for SNAP-Ed within and across the Land-grant University System.
The primary leader for this Community of Practice is Laryessa Worthington, University of Maryland. For more information contact Laryessa at email@example.com.