The National eXtension Conference, October 1-4, 2012 will feature three panel discussions on topics of interest throughout the Cooperative Extension System. Each panel will provide insights and an opportunity for questions and answers from participants.
Tuesday, October 2: The Evolution of Extension The panel will be asked to reflect on futurist Devin Fidler’s keynote speech in the context of the “evolution” of Extension.
• Doug Steele, ECOP Chair, moderator
• Michelle Rodgers, University of Delaware
• Tom Coon, Michigan State University
• Paul Coriel, Louisiana State University
• Mark Latimore, Fort Valley State University
Wednesday, October 3: Cooperative Extension’s Global Potential The panel will discuss the importance of global programming and how it can add value to the Cooperative Extension System.
• Hiram Larew (USDA-NIFA), moderator
• John Yohe (INTSORMIL)-invited
• Mark Varner (APLU)
• Julie Middleton, University of Missouri
• TBA (MEAS) – invited
Thursday, October 4: Developing eXtension Partnerships The panel will discuss the importance of building partnerships, why partners matter, the strength of partnering with eXtension and advice for building strong partnerships.
• Michael Ouart, University of Missouri and Chair of the eXtension Finance Task Force, moderator
• William Nelson, CHS Foundation (via video recording)
• Bob Lewis/Ann Michel, Global-Advancement
• Jane Schuchardt, ECOP
• Brent Elrod, USDA-NIFA
Early-bird registration for the NeXC2012 ends September 1, 2012. Click here to register today!