The eXtension Foundation and Educational Media at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln have partnered to offer app development and distribution opportunities for Communities of Practice and Extension organizations across the country.
• Managing the eXtension Apple and Google Play stores.
• Consultation and development services for Communities of Practice to develop applications or estimate the cost of development when applying for grants.
• Reviewing applications to ensure they meet the specifications set forth by app distributors.
• Working with developers to update and support developed applications.
• Serving as a resource to help Extension organizations navigate the complexities of creating, distributing and selling applications. These include the technical, legal, financial, marketing and administrative roles related to app development.
Since 2011, Nebraska’s Educational Media has developed more than 30 applications on the Apple and Android platforms. These include native, hybrid, and web applications using IOS, Android and Flash development. All of these applications have an educational focus with the majority of them related to agriculture.
For more information on this relationship contact Dan Cotton, email@example.com.