The eXtension Virtual 3D user community is interested in virtual worlds, and virtual reality, as used for education and training, serious games, data visualization, and research. The group is open to educators and staff at land-grant institutions in the USA, their research partners, and Extension colleagues around the world.
The community intends to:
• Learn and explore together as this technology evolves toward mainstream use
• Raise awareness of the use of virtual reality environments for teaching and research in the land grant system and beyond.
• Collaborate to build a knowledge base that includes all VR technologies (Second Life, Open Sim, Unity, Oculus Rift, CAVE…)
• Offer professional development opportunities via eXtension’s learn.extension.org site.
• Mentor new users of virtual reality technology.
• Seek opportunities to develop partnerships, as appropriate, for future virtual reality projects.
This month the eXtension Virtual 3D user community has welcomed new members from Texas A&M, University of Idaho, and University of Arkansas. To join the group, go to https://people.extension.org/communities/1327.
For more information contact LuAnn Phillips at email@example.com .