In the previous blogs we have discussed the what and why of AR (Augmented Reality). Now it’s time to think of applicable ways to use it in Extension. Here are some ideas of how AR is currently being used:
- Enhanced interactive print experience- (brochures, flyers, posters, worksheets)
- Museum interactivity- think about what a field trip might look like during an Ag safety day
- AR browsers in the destination- virtual information in the real world to locate places and points of interest
- Responsive experiences through gaming- participants can experience different historic and future events
- Re-living historic life and events- visit a historic town the way it used to look like and see its virtual likeness as a 3D model
- AR translation- Google Translate formerly Word Lens is a smartphone app that translates over 27 languages on the spot. Here’s a fun way it was used.
The final blog will highlight AR apps that look at interactive print and creating your own AR experiences.