eXtension is seeking an individual or a team to develop a communications strategy. This will be a retainer agreement for a 5-month project. eXtension will commit between $25K and $30K to the approved individual or team. The scope of work expected is noted below. Individuals or teams interested should develop a proposal for this project (two pages maximum, including links to sample work) and submit to CEO Assistant (Brenna Kotar) (firstname.lastname@example.org) at eXtension by July 28, 2017. Proposals will be reviewed by August 5 and contract will begin August 15, 2017. University buyout arrangements are preferred, but individual contracts will be considered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist, or a team with a lead contact, to create and implement a communications strategy including collateral materials and products for eXtension and our flagship program: the Impact Collaborative. You will promote a positive public image and control the creation and dissemination of information and graphic materials on eXtension’s behalf using existing branding and brand personality messages as a base. We are seeking an individual or a team to bring together our existing work into a consistent and forward-moving initial five-month campaign.
- Initial Deliverables:
- Write and design (using our brand messaging, logo and colors) for a customizable/editable 1-page handout with infographic for each region – such as “eXtension and the X Region”
- Write and create the graphic design for Editable PowerPoint/Google Slide decks for presentations for each region and each state.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for the Impact Collaborative.
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop effective corporate communication strategies for eXtension’s Impact Collaborative.
- Author internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.).
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or eXtension website.
- Bring the capacity to lead these items if/when needed:
- Organize media initiatives and plan press conferences as needed.
- Liaise with partner media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc. as needed.
- Produce copy and graphics for advertisements or articles as needed.
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity.
- Proven experience as communications specialist.
- Experience in web design and content production.
- Experience with digital graphic design.
- Experience with social media strategy execution.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Solid project management experience.
- Working knowledge of G suite, MS Office; photo and video-editing software is a plus.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Proficient command of English.
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field.