The eXtension Foundation is seeking a full-time individual to manage all projects, processes, funding, and reporting for the EPA Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program (PSEFMP) with eXtension. This includes identifying and assessing needs, seeking and implementing creative solutions, including technologies and assessing outcomes and impacts, creating funds management processes, and leading professional development with PSEFMP stakeholders. The Project Manager will work closely with each of the grant and the sub-awardees, state leaders who implement the program and the eXtension senior leadership team. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer with additional accountability to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a leader and manager of the application process and sub-award disbursement process. Monitor and bring continuous improvement to the process.
- Work with sub-awardees to meet the requirements of 2 CFR 200.331 and EPA’s Subaward Policies.
- Create and implement a simplified online registration process.
- Work with sub-awardees to assure compliance.
- Lead the disbursement of funds to meet EPA guidelines for timelines and reporting, including record keeping and tracking.
- Develop a support network online to be utilized by sub-recipients.
- Offer training with partners annually for sub-recipients (three trainings per year).
- Create a network among the sub-recipients for sharing information, forming partnerships and compliance assistance.
- Develop evaluation information for baseline and continuous improvement, with the goal of an improved process overall.
- Ensure that sub-recipients complete and submit annual reports based on expectations in their sub-awards.
- Develop and implement an efficient online reporting system.
- Monitor subrecipient progress and review deliverables.
- Engage with partners (AAPSE and CropLife) to ensure professional development by creating a national network enabling participants to engage in online workshops. Workshops will provide incentives, educational materials, and training to receive updates from the pesticide safety industry.
- Create an advisory team of pesticide educators, industry professionals, and operational development experts to conduct regular system reviews and suggest needed improvement.
- Project organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet set deadlines and meet all sponsor reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit participants on administrative systems and implement appropriate improvements.
- Demonstrated ability developing professional development programs and professional support groups.
- Self-starter, learner and critical thinker with who thrives in a culture that is dynamic, mission-driven and service-oriented.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated success in project planning, implementation, management, coordination, reporting and financial controls.
- Ability to be a positive, entrepreneurial and high-energy team member.
- Proved ability to work effectively with team members, PSEP Coordinators, and strategic partners.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least six years of experience in the field of education and a minimum of two years direct experience in project management or grant administration.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with:
- Project management
- Effective communications
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Virtual communication methods
- Working knowledge of current applicable EPA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the EPA’s Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program desirable but not required.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Pesticide Safety Education programs and the pesticide industry desirable but not required.
- Strong communication skills that include written, verbal, face-to-face and virtual connections.
- Experience in a virtual team environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cooperative Extension preferred.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please submit the following information to Brenna Kotar, Assistant to the CEO, eXtension Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org. The first round of reviews will be done on September 29, 2017.
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references, including email and phone number contact
- Submit responses to qualifying questions: https://goo.gl/forms/NU0r1NmtNOKMcyQW2