We’re searching for an Impact Collaborative Innovation Facilitator Manager. Join our virtual team from any location.
First round of application reviews: August 9, 2018.
Impact Collaborative Innovation Facilitator Manager, eXtension Foundation
We are seeking an expert facilitator and experienced innovator to join our team and help lead innovation capacity-building for our members of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System. Innovation is critical to eXtension and the Cooperative Extension System and other eXtension partners across the nation. eXtension is known for technological leadership over the past several years and now for our Impact Collaborative. The six-phase Impact Collaborative process is creating measurable and visible impact at the local level through various strategies including our current products: Innovation Kit Workshops, Designathons One and Two, a Virtual Bridge, an Impact Collaborative Summit and Facilitator Trainings. In partnership with our members, we are fostering strategic innovation and organizational change utilizing a growing cadre of trained innovation facilitators. This new role on our team will continue to build this capacity and collaborate in the design of our products and services in support of our member institutions.
The Impact Collaborative Innovation Facilitator Manager will lead in the following areas:
- Work as a member of the Impact Collaborative Leadership Team to strategically integrate innovation and organizational change models and methods into the work of the Impact Collaborative and to continuously improve our design and delivery.
- Catalyze and support innovative practices in partnership with our member institutions through the practice and products of the Impact Collaborative.
- Serve as the lead eXtension facilitator for the Impact Collaborative product events nationally and across the country at member institutions (currently Innovation Kit Workshops, Designathon Ones, Impact Collaborative Facilitator Training and Summits).
- Train, schedule and evaluate institutional Innovation Facilitators to serve our growing schedule of national and institutional events. Current schedule includes facilitator training January 2019 (planned for twice a year), up to 37 Innovation Kit Workshops or Designathon One events per year, and two national summits per year.
- Grow and strengthen the IC Innovation Facilitator role in institutional capacity building, and continually expand and deepen their knowledge and skills.
- Evaluate facilitator skills and abilities and results of their events using the Impact Collaborative Evaluation Protocols to make recommendations based on results, feedback, and needs.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to IC Innovation Facilitators, maintain an updated database and be in constant communication to assist them in their professional development and certification process.
- Lead a variety of planning teams to contextualize Impact Collaborative products for local institutional needs (up to 37 planned per year).
- Share expertise and experience with the Impact Collaborative through a variety of presentations, webinars, social media and publications.
- An experienced innovator within an organization who has taken ideas to implementation and demonstrated experience in co-creation/co-innovation of projects & programs. Community-based projects/programs with measurable impact preferred.
- Strong public speaking and facilitation skills required.
- Master’s degree preferred in community development, organizational development, or related field.
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment with multiple priorities. Willingness to evolve with the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the Cooperative Extension System and the audiences they serve preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using innovative methodologies, design thinking strategies, concept mapping and Adobe Kickbox preferred.
- Experience managing programs, managing people and managing organizational change required.
- Experience in effectively working with, and managing, several projects at once and working with a virtual team.
- Personal computer and social media skills required.
This is a 1.0 FTE employee position with eXtension. The position reports to the Impact Collaborative Program Director. Travel nationally, possibly up to 70% time. We are a virtual organization and require the use of G-Suite, Zoom, Slack and your own computer, internet and work space during business hours.
First round application review will be August 9, 2018. Position will be advertised until the position is filled.
Please send your letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com by August 8 for first round reviews. For more information on the position contact:
Dr. Beverly Coberly
Chief Operation Officer