NEW! Extension Foundation Communications and Educational Technology Assistant
The Extension Foundation is seeking a tech-savvy, high energy, individual with great problem-solving skills to assist our Communications and Engagement Manager and our Design Strategist with technological solutions and support of projects, communications, and marketing, webinars, professional development, and support with managing program teams for the Extension Foundation. This contract will be a 1 FTE and will include support for creating and developing communications and marketing pieces, but also in the management of databases and technology platforms to actively engage with Extension Foundation audiences. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer of the Extension Foundation working collaboratively with the Communications and Engagement Manager and the Design Strategist.
Statement of Work for the Contract Effort
The work of the Communications and Educational Technology Assistant will focus on the support of the Communications and Engagement Manager and Design Strategist which will focus on the messaging and connections required to lead and manage multiple constituencies and support professional development activities to include communications, planning and database management. Position expectations include:
- Taking responsibility for assigned communications tasks, such as regular email marketing updates for Extension Foundation and its programs.
- Assist with recruiting and organizing teams for the Impact Collaborative. This will require some marketing of the Impact Collaborative and some personal contact with land grant universities and Cooperative Extension professionals.
- Supporting management and logistics for working with up to 100 teams. This will include keeping data on teams, their progress, needs and challenges.
- Provide technical assistance as needed for setting up virtual learning and communicating with participants.
- Support and develop learning activities with the guidance of the Design Strategist and Communications and Engagement Manager through engaging webinars, blog posts, Zoom and professional development of the Extension Foundation Team.
- This position will work remotely. Knowledge and experience with virtual work and computer skills are required for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong interrelationship skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in remote teams
- Ability to work remotely using their own computer equipment and high-speed internet access in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity to find educational technology solutions for providing quality virtual activities.
- Experience applying various technologies to teaching, learning, and engagement activities.
- Preferred software skills: Google Suite of tools, Hubspot, Slack, Moodle, Adobe Creative Suite, and working with the Zoom platform.
Contract conditions and terms:
This will be a fixed-term contract or a land grant university contract/buyout.
Contract Timeline – 1 year – April 1, 2021-March 31, 2022 with potential for up to two years with excellent work performance.
March 8, 2021, until filled – Accept letters of interest and resumes
April 1, 2021 – Start date for Extension Foundation Communications and Educational Technology Assistant
Interested persons should apply here: https://extension.jotform.com/210734796769876
Your letter of interest should describe why you are interested to help in this important work as well as your experience or academic background in the communications and marketing arena.