Why Be a Member of eXtension?
How much is my membership?
eXtension now offers one All-Access level of membership. eXtension membership fees are based on the prior schedule of institutional assessments, last used in 2014, in which eXtension’s portion was set at 0.8% of either the Smith-Lever 3(b) and (c) or Section 1444 funding, as applicable, received by each 1862 and 1890 Land-Grant Institution. As of the 2019 membership year, all members now pay 65% of these previously determined amounts.
- Previously and until October 2018, there were two levels of membership where Premium Members and Basic Members paid 75% and 60% respectively.
- 2018 Basic Members will continue to pay their 2018 rate until the 2021 membership year when it will increase to the All Access rate of 65% (currently 60%).
Where do my membership dollars go?
- Core operations including a small portion of the technology toolset; the bulk of which is funded through the USDA-NIFA NTAE award.
- Development, continuous improvement and customizations of the Impact Collaborative processes, products and external partnership. This includes:
- Innovation Skill-Building
- Program & Staff Development
- Engage and Empower Online Programming
- Capacity-Building Partnerships
- National Summits
- Local Events
- Local Innovation Facilitators