eXtension members can host the Impact Collaborative to work with project and program teams to help further institutional goals in their states.
One benefit of being a member is that eXtension will send the Impact Collaborative & required Innovation Facilitators to our members once per calendar year to work directly with institutions on finding innovative ways to move institutional goals forward.
The Impact Collaborative works directly with each institutions leadership team on designing an event that is contextualized specifically for the needs of each institution.
What does one of these events look like?
Every member is unique. Prior to the event, we work with leadership teams to understand their goals and what is needed to help with program impact.
During these events, we work with members in three areas:
- Building skills in innovation,
- Ideating with project and program teams using our design thinking and lean experimentation methodology, and
- Creating action plans for projects and programs ready for implementation
How much does it cost?
This is a membership benefit for every eXtension member. We offer to work with you in planning an event each calendar year at no cost to your institution. The only thing that members need to provide is a venue, food, and teams.
Where has the Impact Collaborative held Statewide and Institution-wide events?
Since 2017, the Impact Collaborative has been providing these events to Cooperative Extension professionals across the nation. In addition to our national events such as our Innovation Facilitator training and the Impact Collaborative Summit, we’ve held local events at:
- 1890 Extension Leadership Academy, Atlanta, GA (13 1890s Institutions Represented, 2 1862s Institutions Represented)
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Kentucky State University, Frankfort, KY
- NC State University, Raleigh, NC
- Oregon State University, Portland, OR
- Sea Grant Week Event, Portland, OR
- University of California, Davis, CA
- University of Georgia, Eatonton, GA
- University of Idaho, Idaho Falls, ID
- University of Kentucky, Covington, KY
- University of New Hampshire, Portsmouth, NH
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (2017)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (2018)
- USDA-NIFA, Washington, DC
How do I book one of these events?
Member Directors and Administrators need to contact Chris Geith for an initial discussion in order for us to learn what your institution is looking for and expects from a statewide or institution-wide event. Once we are in alignment to move forward, we will coordinate a date with you.
A calendar of our state events and availability can be found below for your reference.
Impact Collaborative Events and Availability Calendar
Please feel free to use this calendar to see when the Impact Collaborative is holding events, and what dates are available for state and institution events.