Zoom is a video and web conferencing service. Zoom Webinars are a special feature which allow presenters to broadcast to up to 500 attendees. This benefit is available to premium members only and is designed to support learning events similar to those found at https://learn.extension.org/ that have a broad national appeal.
Basic Zoom Features
- Host webinars with up to 500 participants
- Record webinars so they can be viewed at a later time
- Screensharing for presenters allows presenters to display their desktops during a webinar
- Custom registration allows you to gather information about your attendees
Learn more about Zoom and Schedule a Webinar
If you have questions, or would just like to learn more about Zoom, please contact email@example.com to set up a time to chat. Also, if your current institution has access to Zoom, we can offer assistance in using Zoom with your existing account. To schedule a webinar click the button below. You may view the current eXtension Zoom Webinar Calendar by going to this page: https://www.extension.org/zoom-webinar-calendar/
- Can I host a faculty or staff meeting via Zoom through eXtension?
No. The Webinar Benefit is designed to support learning events similar to those found at https://learn.extension.org/ that have a broad national appeal.
- What is the difference between a Zoom meeting vs a Zoom webinar?
A standard Zoom meeting is fully interactive and allows all participants the ability to see, speak, hear, and screen-share with each other. A Zoom webinar is a view-only platform where the attendees cannot see each other, and the Host cannot see the attendees. A webinar has registration, reporting and in-meeting chat for attendees.
- How are recordings handled?
In most cases eXtension will handle the recording and basic editing of your webinar. The webinar (in mp4 format) is then given to the requester to be hosted on the service of their choice (e.g. Youtube, Vimeo)
- Am I eligible for the eXtension Webinar Benefit?
Zoom webinars are limited to members.
- Do attendees have to pre-register?
No. Zoom Webinars can be registration-less so attendees can attend the day of a webinar without pre-registering.